CONTINUOUS DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE (CDC)
This document is the seafarer’s identity documents provided by the flag state for travel to or from an assigned vessel. It also provide the continuous record of the seafarers while he /she is onboard a ship.The special qualification certificates, specify the particular category or rating which the holder is qualified to serve.
Each person serving onboard of the vessel, shall have this document. An officer or rating may be of any nationality can apply for a continuous Discharge Certificate/Seaman Book.
The CDC in other words seaman book is valid for 5 years from the date of issuance. Even after its validity expires then also the seafarers must hold this documents as their sea service record mention on it remains valid.
For Special qualification Certificate
- Completed Application form
- A Passport sized color photograph with white background
- Medical fitness certificate (issued by an STCW parties approved Physician)
- Proof of sea service on the particular vessel or
- Training certificate from an approved maritime college
- Requisite Fee